Cold winter days are a little warmer with this quick and easy potato soup. Originally this recipe called for a frozen bag of potatoes but since we grow our own, I wanted a pantry friendly version. It is simply delicious!
- 5 medium peeled potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 small onion (small diced)
- 1/3 cup peppers (I used frozen green and yellow, small diced)
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 of an 8oz package of cream cheese
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder, black pepper, smoked jalapeño powder (use spices to taste)
Optional add ins can range from carrots to ham or even use the soup as a great base for clam chowder. If you have cream of mushroom soup…this also works! The best part??? The recipe can be doubled!
Blend the cream of chicken soup and the cream cheese until smooth, add this into a small slow cooker along with the chicken stock, potatoes, bacon, peppers, onions and spices.
Cook on HIGH until potatoes are tender and the soup starts to thicken. (5-6 hrs)
Reduce heat to LOW or KEEP WARM and add in the shredded cheddar cheese, enjoy the finished soup!